Blogs > Elm City to Eagleville

A blog on UConn women's basketball.

Friday, May 01, 2015

Connecticut Sun's Katie Douglas retires

A back injury resulted in veteran guard Katie Douglas retiring after spending 14 seasons in the WNBA leaving a major hole for the Connecticut Sun to replace,

“This was a very difficult decision for me because basketball has been such a big part of my life, but I believe I am making the right choice,” Douglas said in a statement. “My back has not responded to treatment the way I hoped it would. I have no expectation that I would be able to play at a level that is acceptable to me, so rather than compete as a shell of myself, I am choosing to retire.”
Douglas leaves ranked fourth in WNBA history with 623 steals, fifth with 727 3-pointers, eighth with 5,563 points and 14th with 1,075 assists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home